The Lost Letter

I see the Sun all the time, there's no sunrise or sunset. I have witnessed the first of eclipses and survived it without any holy bath. For the rivers are mine and the air is mine too. I have seen the stars shine brighter each day until its demise.

Long time ago, I had one single piece of land and one large water body. Names don't matter to me. I let it be that way for long and then slowly split it into multiple smaller lands and water bodies. It was a long term plan.

I have at times vented my inner fire out, to ensure I remain calm within. I take baby steps, but I never stop. I continue moving. No one watches me move when I do, but then you do look back and find I am not the same as I was earlier.

I ensure that every land experiences all that it deserves - droughts, hailstones, heat waves, blizzards - at some point in time or the other. I have my rotation policy. I like to schedule the cycle by myself; not according to any external factors.

After all the preparations, I allowed life to flourish. Initially, it beautified me - green trees gave 'life' to me. I would blow breeze to tease it. Oh, those days!

I levelled up! I allowed complex organisms. They turned out very well. They were dumb and yet smart. They knew how to bond and survive with each other. They blended well with me. They adapted to my different faces at different locations. It was beautiful - so much so that it attracted objects from space that destroyed everything. It couldn't harm me, but it did take my beauty away.

I tried again and created even more complex organisms - but this time I committed a sin. I created you - whose language I use to communicate. I have other means to speak what I want to, but I don't want to be so unkind on my creation - not right away.

It has only been a few revolutions around the sun since you came into being and you - who I gave birth to - are destroying me - your creator. Unlike others, you created ways to move across different lands and waters. You crossed boundaries and affected the ecosystem that existed before you. You dug me up and looted what I had created over ages for my future. You trapped extra heat on to my surface and tried to play with my weather schedule. You cut my green beauty for your benefits.

You learnt how to multiply yourselves but not how to stop. My problem is not with your number, for my heart is large enough to hold you. Issues arise when each one of you devise new mechanisms to abuse me.

You have shown ruthlessness on my other species but haven't seen mine. Today, you need to know that I don't care about you or your needs and desires; I used to, but not anymore. I have served you enough for decades and centuries. In fact, these terms have no meaning for me. I am timeless; for time is your concept and I have nothing to do with it.

While I can choose to ignore your concept of time, you need to understand how my clock works. I control my resets to ensure I only have what I want and what I like. My next reset is not far, for that is what you deserve. But perhaps your attitude, you ego and your arrogance wouldn't wait for my checkpoint - you'll be your own destructor.

Little do you know, you are a minute away from midnight.

Comments

  1. Nice one...these whole paragraph shows inner feelings towards yourself...its like whatever you have felt you just wrote it down here...great..keep it up...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment